Monday, March 2, 2009

"New And Renewed"


I recently discovered the word- KHAWDASH. It’s a Hebrew word translated “new”,- the root meaning of which means to “renew”, “repair”, “rebuild”, “restore” with secondary, adjectival meanings of new and fresh. When Jesus Christ came into my life, that is exactly what He did… he made me a brand ‘new’ person. Since that time He has continually ’refreshed’ my soul. Daily, as I follow Him He ‘renews’ me with strength and gives me times of rest and ‘refreshing’ when I am weary. He is the “Breath of Fresh Air”.

When we come to Christ, there is a “metamorphosis” that takes place in us. We are changed like the caterpillar into a butterfly. This changes takes place in us spiritually– it’s called the ‘new birth’, or being ‘born again’. Unlike the butterfly, the difference for us is that it doesn’t stop there. We are in a continual state of change. “So all of us who have had that veil removed can see and reflect the glory of the Lord. And the Lord- who is the Spirit- makes us more and more like him as we are changed into his glorious image.” (2 Cor. 3:18- NLT)

I would like to share with you some of the simple, but powerful, truths the Lord has given me over the years that have, and are still, helping me in my “transformation” to be conformed to His image. After all, the goal of a Christian is to be transformed into the image of Christ so that through my life others may be able to “taste and see that the Lord is good”, and desire to have Him in their life as well.

1 comment:

  1. O taste and see that the Lord is good,
    O taste and see, O taste and see
    He's sweeter than honey,
    O taste and see,
    and than the honeycomb,
    O taste and see, O taste and see.

    That's a song God gave me back in the 80's
    and your last sentence brought it to mind. Blessings, Jenny

    ReplyDelete